Frequently Asked Questions
Who is responsible to oversee and direct training and development?
TCA or Team Complete Athlete is the collaborative effort of some of the most successful and experienced coaches in club volleyball today. Along with Founder and National Director Neil Mason, our Staff not only consists of volleyball coaches, but also professionals, business owners and parents of TCA Graduates. Our team brings over 100 years of combined coaching experience, and all have been at the top of the game at various levels: High School, Club, Collegiate, and International competition. This collection of men and women help guide and shape the vision and philosophy for training all the players at TCA Volleyball Club.
How does all of this work?
We offer many packages to help you get started. We will work through a solution for you based on your needs. If you have adequate capital, you may benefit from paying an up front “licensing” fee, so that you can get started right away on building your own TCA club (or non-TCA club) and benefit from paying smaller royalty payments.
Do you lack start up capital? We can still help you. Some prospective owners prefer to jointly own a TCA and after paying larger royalty percentage fees over a specific time period, we can then turn the club over to you to run as you see fit.
Do you want to start a brand new club? We can help you start a club from scratch. We can work out a consulting arrangement from a pre-defined menu of options.
Create your own menu! Perhaps you just want to purchase uniforms and utilize our training techniques, or perhaps you just want us to jump start your club by running a super camp, we are here for you! Let’s discuss what your needs are, so we can customize a club specific to your needs.
10 Common Questions About Starting a TCA Business:
1. How can I open a TCA or non-TCA Volleyball club and who should start one?
We are seeking energetic, high qualified individuals to join our team. Prior business experience is not as important as the will and drive to succeed. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are interested in making money in a sport that they love. Give us a call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
Current Club Coaches
If you currently coach club and want to go out on your own, here is your opportunity. Starting your own club gives you the ability to make all of the tough decisions, be your own boss and create more income for you and your family. While starting a club does come with some challenges, our system will help you navigate through the start up process. If you are a new coach, or an experienced club coach, starting your own program allows you to bring your vision to the community.
Former College Volleyball Players and or Professional Volleyball Players (Men and Women)
As a former Student Athlete and Collegiate Volleyball Player, you have spent a good part of your life in the Sport of Volleyball. Starting a club can provide you a wonderful opportunity to do make a living in the sport that you love. From high school, to club and playing in the NCAA, provides you a unique experience that you can pass on to your players. This is a very natural transition for former athletes. You already have the experience. Our system, with your playing experience is a natural fit.
Current Parents of a Volleyball Players
If you currently have a child that is playing club volleyball. Starting your own Volleyball program may be a good option for you. While having business experience helps, it is not a prerequisite. Running your own club allows you to have a more hands on approach with your son or daughter’s playing career. Many of the current top clubs in the country have been started and run by former parents of club players.
College Coaches (Head Coaches and Assistants)
2. How much money do I need to open a business?
We will discuss your financial position and come up with a plan that fits your budget. You can choose to pay a larger down payment and smaller percentages over time. If you don’t have the resources to do so, we can talk about ways to defer the start up costs.
3. How much are the percentages and other annual fees?
This is all negotiable depending on your financial situation and how much capital infusion you make up front. We are willing to work with you to make this business partnership happen.
4. What are the average revenues of a TCA club?
That varies widely by area – AND by how aggressive you want to be. Some TCA owners are aggressive and have 20 teams, and some owners want to start off slow and grow the business over time. Some have started out with 2-3 teams and consistently grown from year to year. It’s more about how quickly you want to grow your business and how much time you are willing to invest to make it happen.
5. How much can I make as a TCA owner?
Again, it’s up to you. Some owners are looking for a part time supplement to their current incomes, and some owner’s have gone “all in” and made this their full time income generator. We have some director make up to $100,000 per year, others have made several thousand dollars per month.
6. Does TCA offer financing?
No, however, we can adjust levels of start up capital required, and defer such amounts by structuring a program that works within your budget.
7. How long does it take to open a club?
Each location Is different, but with the right planning, we can have your new club up and running very quickly. The sooner you get started recruiting players, the more quickly your club can grow. Process from start to finish can take as short as 3 weeks or up to 6 months based on specifics. The average club takes about 3 months to start.
8. What kind of training can I expect?
We have training manuals, videos, but the best training is probably one on one. We will come to your location to help you train your players and staff. The level of training is tailored to your needs.
9. Why Start my own club.
We are currently living through the best time in history to starting your own business. Whether it’s technology, or the entrepreneurial spirit, being your own boss has never been as attainable of a goal. There are financial advantages as well including tax write offs, making your own schedule and creating your own personal brand and legacy.
10. I’m interested in pursuing this further. What should I do next?
Send us an email at email@example.com. Provide a brief summary about what you are looking for and one of our top level management professionals will contact you to discuss how we can get started.
Ten Reasons to Consider Starting Your Own Club and Volleyball Business
- A proven formula! It’s all about systems. You are joining a proven S.Y.S.T.E.M. (Save Yourself Stress Time Energy and Money). You will avoid major hurdles that a start up business can and will face. We have worked through the kinks and have developed a firm foundation for your success. We have almost everything systemized and ready for you. We will be by your side for advice every step of the way — from marketing and branding, to recruiting players, to running the club, college scholarship assistance to dealing with all of the administrative issues. We have made this a turnkey business concept and we look forward to working with you! We challenge you to think about what it would take (and how long) to start up your own business that would start earning an immediate income stream.
- Flexible Capital Requirements. Due to tightening lending practice, many future business owners find it very difficult to fund traditional franchises. Depending on your financial situation, we can help find a fit that is right for you, even deferring much of the traditional start up costs. Ask us for specifics!
- You have a built in support system! We have been through all the steps before. We have worked out favorable gym terms, we have developed multiple business contracts, have hired coaches across the nations, planned out tryouts, coordinated drills and practice plans, have a step by step plan for recruiting players into the club, and later into college. You will avoid the common pitfalls, because we have already made the mistakes. You will reap the benefits of having a professional management team at your disposal.
- You can be your own boss! You call the shots, manage the schedule, and run the show. You are the entrepreneur. You will love the flexibility and power that comes from being your own boss. You are 100% in charge.
- Tremendous potential for strong ROI – With available low entry cost points to start your own club, you can put your talents and hard work and efforts to the test to directly benefit you.
- Starting a business in a down economy can provide tremendous not seen advantages. We realize that this is a tight economy, but we are willing to help you start in at the right time, at the right price, to reap greater benefits down the road.
- Name Recognition is key! Consumers generally frequent those businesses in which they feel comfortable. We have spent 16 years developing, improving, and refining our brand. Our players and families value the consistency they find in our name – and in our systems – and you will find players wanting to play for a name that they have become familiar with. For almost 2 decades TCA has become synonymous with excellence on the court, in the community and college scholarships.
- Secondary source of income. It’s no secret that additional ways to make money and supplement your current income can be helpful for any family. Whether you are a baby boomer, fresh out of college, or currently a college volleyball coach, joining our team can bring the flexibility of being your own boss, while providing another income stream. Part time and full time opportunities are possible when you start your own club.
- Your chance of success is much higher. We believe that our proven concepts will help you earn your investment back many times over. We love volleyball. We are passionate about the sport, and have found a way to profit from the game that we love. We will use our experience of success (and failures) to help lead the way – and help you share in the success.
- Volleyball! Volleyball! VOLLEYBALL!!!! We have experience working with the highest level of teams (National Championship Club teams), to several (high school teams and beginner middle school teams). Winning on the court starts with excellent training. We have a proven system to teach you how to train your players from the ground up.
Not ready to go “All In” quite yet?
No Problem. Let’s spend a weekend together! TCA Director Neil Mason will come to your city and run a camp or series of clinics for you. This will get all parties a chance to work together and create a hand in hand plan for the ultimate success in your city.